Welcome to CIV - Examination Centre
The CIV-Examination Centre is, since 2014, an authorised centre which is officially accredited by the Cambridge University to perform English Language Assessment tests, in Southern Portugal. It is part of a vast, high prestige network of institutions represented globally.
The exams are designed and implemented under the quality seal, strictness and excellence of the Cambridge University, with over 100 years of experience.
Who are these tests intended for?
These tests are intended for children, teenagers or adults.
We accept applications from schools, institutes, companies, universities, students and the general public, for tests which may be in a hard copy or in a digital format.
All Cambridge English Language Assessment examinations shall conform to the levels described by the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
Each year more than four million people apply to take the Cambridge tests, in order to develop their education, improve their employment prospects, as part of their preparations to travel or live abroad or simply because they want to have an internationally recognised certificate, which certifies their level of proficiency in English. These tests may also be required for emigration purposes.
What is the significance of these tests?
The English Language assessment tests are recognised and accepted worldwide, particularly when applying to university and attempting to integrate the national and international labour market.
Holding a language proficiency certificate from Cambridge University constitutes a factor of excellence and competitiveness!
What are the tests available at the CIV-Examination Centre?
We currently offer the following tests:
Young Learners: Starters, Movers and Flyers
Key and Key for Schools (KET)
Preliminary and Preliminary for Schools (PET)
Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC-V) and Business Higher (BEC-H)
Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
What support is available to the candidates?
The CIV-Examination Centre provides all the information relating to the various tests and takes on the task of advising and guiding the candidates, taking into account their age, their level of proficiency or their needs (personal, academic or professional).
When and why choose our tests?
Sign up for our centre if:
- you are a student who wants to develop his English language skills and to obtain a language skills certificate;
- you are a student who is preparing for entry exams for a foreign university and who must prove knowledge and skills in the language;
- you are an English teacher, as Cambridge English Language Assessment provides teachers with a wide range of resources for their professional qualification and competitiveness;
- you work or intend to work for a company that values and requires its employees to use English in professional situations;
- you intend to go abroad in search of new career opportunities.
Our approach is flexible, taking into account the candidate's needs and at the same time, maintaining a high standard of quality and service.
CONTACT US! OPEN A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES!
- Competitive prices
- Extra practice with digital and hard copy materials
- Access to our learning resource centre
- Well-equipped examination rooms
- Waiting area, where candidates can relax before the exam.
Director of the Examination Centre: Ana Proença
Phone: (+351) 918 624 956